CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Reading Journal on Play

"There is always something left to love. And if you ain't learned that, you ain't leearned nothing."

I just completed A Rasin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry, and I believe that it was a simple play which was revolved around money. Walter has just lost a lot of the insurance money to a false investment, and his mom directed this statement towards her daughter. I selected this quotation because at this point in the book I believe that they sincerely stepped back to realize what is truly important, which is their love for each other.

The only question that I have remaining is how will their lives be different in this new house that they are moving into, which is located in a white community?

0 comments: