CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Reading Journal #1 for The Purpose Driven Life

In the Purpose Driven Life there are many intense concepts discussed, and I am  doing my best to understand and apply the lessons described in this inspiring book.  The first chapter that I started on was about surrendering yourself to God and the main idea of this chapter was that the only way to live your life is through Him, and with any other way you will be lost and confused.  


In the next couple of chapters I read about developing a friendship type of relationship with God, and to keep Him in mind in every task that you perform.  One part that made me pause and think was when it said that it was acceptable to question what God wants for you.  Otherwise, you would be honest with Him, so it is better to admit the truth and later accept the meanings of what He has done.  

The next part talked about worship and how since God made us each individually and uniquely, that we each are not only different personality wise, but also in the ways that we worship.  I was unable to read a lot because I have had many distractions and other assignments, however in this upcoming week I will do my best to apply these lessons.  

0 comments: