CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

That's not obvious at all

"She tried to make the word believable, but her face gave everything away." This is a quote that I could definitely relate to, because I am a horrible liar. Although I may say one thing, my face or tone will give everything away. Like on Saturday when Rayna, Monique, Paulina, my sister, my cousin, my mom and I were playing Mafia, where if you're mafia, you don't want anyone to know. Of course, every time I was mafia, everyone knew. I didn't know what I was doing to make it so obvious, but every time, I seemed to give it away, through my facial expressions. I think this really proves this quote to be true, and Hazel was in the position where she had to say something that was a lie to be nice. As demonstrated in the quote, she was not successful, and she ended up hurting her feelings. A question I have for her is why couldn't she have the mindset to make it believable for the sake of her "friend's" feelings? This question comes from the infinant times that I was asked, "How was school today," and although most of the time it didn't go well, I still reply with, "Fine." You don't want to be dishonest, but at the some time you don't want to worry or upset anyone.

2 comments:

Immm...Caityyyykinzzz (Caitlin) :D said...

:)AWH; i like your qoute,
it's soo pretty :)
it's the first thing i read and than it was look BOOM! THAT WAS BRILLANT!!!

:)

K. Flewelling said...

I think I am a pretty good liar, actually. And I also think it is kind of OK to tell "half-truths" if it will spare someone's feeling.

I am not sure - but I think that makes me a terrible person.

Also: Mafia is so much fun. Everyone always thinks I'm the mafia though... because I get so passionate and involved every time. They kill me right away, even when I'm innocent. :(